A solutions architect responsible for evaluating our organization’s business needs and determining how IT can support those needs by leveraging software, hardware, or infrastructure. Aligning IT strategy with business goals has become paramount, and determine, develop, and improve technical solutions in support of business goals. Bridges communication between IT and business operations to ensure everyone is aligned in developing and implementing technical solutions for business problems. Getting regular feedback, adjustments, and problem-solving in order to properly design and implement potential solutions.
- Lead brainstorming sessions to develop potential solutions for business needs or problems.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Prepare and document testing requirements.
- Identify areas where IT can support business needs and goals.
- Work with business units to develop IT strategies and to improve current IT implementations.
- Build and migrate software and services across the organization.
- Work with product and delivery teams to develop scalable solutions and products.
- Communicate and consult with clients and internal stakeholders to develop appropriate solutions.
Candidate must be prepared to work with leaders, managers, and employees across every business unit. And when working on a product team, candidate is also expected to work with stakeholders to understand expectations and requirements.
Must have strong leadership and communication skills, as well as both technical and business knowledge. As a solutions architect, you will need to understand the business side of the organization to understand which IT solutions will fit the company’s goals. Your leadership skills will be important for steering the overall process of identifying key business objectives and determining the requirements for each solution.
A bachelor’s or Master’s degree or higher in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field. Experience in specific IT areas, such as networking administration, development, customer service, or other relevant areas.
Technical skills include:
- SAP Business Warehouse
- AWS and Azure
- Apache Kafka
- Data Management
- Software Development LifeCycle
- Big Data Analytics
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Experience with enterprise architecture
- Experience working with IT architecture frameworks
- Understanding of IT security, infrastructure, and governance